The responsibilities of the Product Technologist
- Participation in new product development projects in multidisciplinary teams with PD project leaders, process technologists and colleagues from operations, marketing and quality;
- This involves the design and development of multiple ready-to-feed recipes focusing on the infant milk portfolio;
- Design and formulate nutritional compositions and hands-on developing these formulations via laboratory, pilot- and factory trials to final recipes to be manufactured in our factories;
- Able to look critically at the current product development process & challenge the status quo;
- Prepare official PD documents and Product Specifications, monitor and evaluate first commercial productions;
- Ensure that the products comply with nutritional, sensory, physical and chemical requirements and fulfil the needs of the business and consumer;
- Set-up the shelf life study protocol, follow-up shelf life results on trials and final products and take appropriate actions when required;
- Able to anticipate risks and challenges and to proactively propose solutions.
This role would be suitable for someone interested in building skills on recipe development and get the exposure to innovation projects.
Desired background Product Technologist
- MSc in Food Science, Food Technology/Biotechnology or related discipline;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a food company, preferably in international environment;
- Technical background in the food industry, preferably the dairy industry, in liquid processing technologies with a proven track record in product innovation and/or renovations;
- Experience with formulating tools in designing recipe formulation is appreciated;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence stakeholders in cross-functional project teams;
- Fluency in English (French is beneficial);
- Proactive, flexible, result oriented and open minded.
This position will be located in the Nutricia Research Center based in Utrecht Science Park in the Netherlands with expected travels to pilot plants based at factory site in Europe.
Working conditions Product Technologist
- Desired start date: 2-12-2019;
- For a 12 month period.
Contact Product Technologist
Are you interested? Please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research & Development
- 36 - 40 uur