Job description Head of Quality Food and Safety
The role holder is responsible for driving and managing quality and food safety processes, systems and guidelines for all incoming materials, processes as well as finished goods.
- Managing quality related customer complaints and ensuring no financial / reputational loss due to quality and food safety issues is also critical to the role holder;
- Develop strategies to ensure smooth functioning of quality and food safety processes, systems and guidelines for all incoming materials, processes as well as finished goods;
- Develop budget of Quality and FS department and monitor adherence to the same;
- Draft and propose revisions in the quality assurance policies, processes, systems and guidelines basis (organic) quality standards, norms, and statutory requirements;
- Lead development of specification and tolerance limits for incoming, work in progress and finished goods with criteria for approval, rejection, and conditional acceptance as per the agreeable standards;
- Ensure timely and proper communication of quality policy and product specification to Operations and Supply Chain department;
- Responsible for implementation of quality control measures to ensure compliance to product specification at each stage, monitor adherence to quality policy and processes;
- Review and ensure implementation of the corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) for any quality related issues in plant operations and systems;
- Ensure all in-process checks and quality control activities are adhered to during production stages;
- Oversee quality of new product being developed including the RM / PM being involved and ensure setting of standards for quality check during mass production of the same;
- Review the consolidated analysis/ MIS reports by Quality Control and analyse any trends in data and devise control mechanisms to address the same;
- Ensure proper record keeping of documents and timely maintenance of lab equipment;
- Lead and monitor initiatives to improve quality performance in factory;
- Manage Quality and Food Safety Audits and ensure zero non-compliance;
- Ensure adherence to all quality certifications required in plant and compliance in internal and external audits;
- Ensure timely resolution of customer queries and quality audit observations;
Job requirements Head of Quality Food and Safety
- Possesses a completed college degree in Food Technology or similar;
- Experienced person in the field of QA or QESH from food production;
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management and Food Safety systems (IFS, Better Life, RSPO);
- Committed, accurate and decisive. We are looking for a strong personality with communication skills who enjoys leading, coaching and developing a team in an inspiring way;
- Possesses good technical insight and (food) process knowledge;
- Experience with Management of Change, Lean Six Sigma and RCA 's is a plus;
- Someone who does not shy away from a dynamic organization in which you will have to take on an independent, proactive role.
At the request of our client, we are not including the company name and/or description with this job posting. Once you apply to this vacancy, we will provide more information about our client.
Arbeidsvoorwaarden Head of Quality Food and Safety
- Challenging position with a dynamic and (international) growing company;
- Room to develop and grow. After all, our people are the engine behind our growth. We therefore actively invest in your development;
- You will receive an attractive benefits package;
- Competitive salary.
Contact information vacancy Head of Quality Food and Safety
Are you the enthusiastic Head of Food and Safety we are looking for? Then I would love to meet with you! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our website. For more information please call 0773557245.
Vera van der Sterren